Monday, March 18, 2013

Fellowship with one another and cleansing from sin

I have had I think the best weekend so far for me!It was just full of God's love and his grace and forgiveness.I finally know I'm back on the right way and I feel so humbled and amazed to just be feeling God again.And it happened because I was spending some time talking to someone and he was just so full of fire that I couldn't help but catch it.That brings me to the point of this post.
1 John 1:7 says that...
 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

I never really took note of the part of this verse that talks about fellowship with one another and thn purification from sin.This weekend I experienced that and today when I read it it made sense!I had been sharing fellowship with someone,and through that I came back to my place in Christ,resulting in purification.I know we probably already know that fellowship is important for us to keep our fires burning as iron sharpeneth iron,and a single firewood out of the communal fire soon dies.But I never even considered it this way.Fellowship is so important.If we try to walk a life of isolation in Christ,the walk becomes harder than it should be.I do not refer to just going to church and leaving,but to actually sharing fellowship where we talk about our issues,share our passions and strengths and also our weaknesses.This results in a special place in our walks with God that is hard to explain.If you find yourself isolated,I encourage you to find another bgrother or sister you can talk to and share fellowship with.Trust me,its going to revolutionize your walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment